Name:
Location: Georgia

Monday, June 04, 2007

Updates

Alana surprises me everyday. I just can't believe how fast she is growing and developing. A few days ago, Alana realized that she can use her right hand not only to grab objects on her right side, but also to reach across her midline and grab at objects on her left side with her right arm. She easily grabs a toy with both hands. Alana has also gained enough strength and trunk control to reach for toys placed in front of her while on her tummy. She discovered her toes on Saturday; now everytime she is laying on the changing table, she grabs them.
Yesterday, Alana discovered that she can roll over by herself. She was all smiles when she rolled onto her back, realizing what she had done. I put her on her tummy, and she did it again (She has rolled over several times in the past, but with a small amount of help from Mommy).
I sit Alana in the bouncer chair when I take my shower each morning. Today, I peeked out of the shower door to check on her and found that she was straining to pull herself up to an upright sitting position. Her head and back were completely off the chair, and she was pulling the leg of her pj's trying to sit up. I wished I had the camera with me!
Alana can push up to a standing position on my lap; in fact, she would rather stand on my lap than sit on it.
Yesterday, Amy H commented that Alana looks like a real baby now, not just a tiny newborn anymore. That pretty much sums it up. She's growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home