Alana's First Cereal
On June 25th, we fed Alana rice cereal for the first time. I'm happy to say that she liked it. No funny faces, no spitting; just a little slurping and a milky chin. Hopefully, we have a great eater in the making. Next week, we'll give Alana another single grain cereal, oatmeal. Multigrain will follow (Single grain cereals are given first-and one at a time-to detect possible allergies). After cereals, we'll move on to veggies and fruits.
I'm excited about these changes, but I am not in a huge rush to move her to solid foods. Alana is growing and developing quite well on her breastmilk diet. According to Alana's pediatrician, babies receive everything they need from breastmilk for the first six months of life. No cereals, supplements, vitamins, etc. are needed (provided the baby is gaining enough weight). In fact, she said the longer the baby continues getting most of it's calories from breastmilk, the better (up to six months, that is). As long as Alana agrees, this will be the plan :-)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home